This is material I moved from my "Floridiana Gloriana" blog to this address.
CONTENTS OF THIS BLOG:
FOUR 'ESSAYS', SORT OF.
- A North Floridian Visits the Conch Republic. In some ways exactly what I expected; in some ways exactly what I didn't.
- We're Still Here. Thoughts on the hurricane that didn't happen and a beautiful photograph from the nature coast.
- Living In & Seeing North Florida (plus a photograph). Florida for Floridians---why you should always take the side roads.
- Travelling Back to Old Florida. U.S. Highway 19, North Florida.
VIEWS OF THE SUWANNEE RIVER [THE NATURE COAST]
FORT ISLAND GULF BEACH [THE NATURE COAST]
- A view of the beach;
- Green Bucket;
- Citrus County Wetlands;
- Wild palms;
- Fisherman & son;
- Palms, rock, & water---Florida's rockbound coast
ALLIGATOR ALLEY [NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA]
SUNSETS, EAST & WEST [THE SPACE COAST, THE NATURE COAST]
KEATON BEACH, FLORIDA [OLD & NEW] [THE NATURE COAST]
TIN ROOF LIGHTS [NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA]
SCENES FROM THE ATLANTIC COAST [THE SPACE COAST]
LAKE LOCHLOOSA [NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA]
- The Silver Trees of Lake Lochloosa;
- Shooting Straight into the Sun at Lake Lochloosa;
- The gazebo on Lake Lochloosa;
- The gazebo at Lake Lochloosa: a winter perspective;
- Lochloosa in the summertime;
- Lake Lochloosa in the summertime 2.
FLOWERS, WILD & TAME [NATURE COAST, NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA, SPACE COAST]
- Somewhere in North Florida One Winter Afternoon---The Light in the Pines & the Purple "Grass";
- Melrose, Florida---The Flower Wagon;
- Atlantic Coat---red lily, yellow iris, opalescent clouds.
"EXCELLENT BIRDS" [NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA, NATURE COAST, SPACE COAST]
- Seagulls in Flight on the St. Johns River---Palatka, Florida;
- Fort Island Gulf Beach---"No Animals Allowed!";
- Toddler with Gulls---Flagler Beach.
MARJORIE KINNAN RAWLINGS HISTORIC STATE PARK [NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA]
THE STRANGE MYSTIQUE OF ELDERLY HOUSES [NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA]
A BEAUTIFUL WESTERN FLORIDA CANAL [NATURE COAST]
FOUR NORTH FLORIDA WINTER SCENES [NATURE COAST, NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA]
- Alachua County;
- North Florida [unsure of location];
- Salt Creek (on the Mouth of the Suwannee River);
- North Florida [unsure of location]